19 March 2009

Say what now?

I had a good time in Birmingham celebrating my birthday and St. Patrick's day. I'm pretty sure I drank all of the Guinness. All of it. There was also a lot of whiskey and Irish Car Bombs. I saw a bunch of friends I don't normally get to see, which was cool. I hate that I couldn't spend time with all of my Huntsville friends, but I'm glad I went back for the night.

That's not to say that the night was without its drama, though. Towards the end of the evening I ran into an Old Flame. She and I had a relationship that lasted about 3 months and ended over a year ago. We have a good mutual friend so this wasn't the first time I've seen her since we stopped talking. That's how the relationship ended, by the way - we just stopped talking (apropos of the entire relationship, honestly). No big fight or sobbing phone calls. Just stopped talking. You may judge me poorly for letting that happen but, hey, here we are more than a year later and she's telling me she loves me... Yeah. What. The. Hell. Can you say OUT OF THE BLUE? We never even said that to each other when we were together! I mean I had gotten the impression a couple of months ago that she was still attracted to me but I didn't think it was anything like this. She wants to get back together. She kept saying it, drunkenly. My only response was, drunkenly, "Why would it be any different this time?" to which she had no real answer.

I don't have any intention of getting back together with her. I think she picked up on that because when she left she was crying. A lot. That really made me feel like a dick. She called me yesterday. I didn't answer. She left me a message to call her back. I haven't yet. I am going to call her, I'm just going to let her cool down for a day or two first. I feel like I need to handle this delicately. Any advice?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have nothing....I guess call her back and see what she has to say...

Anonymous said...

It already sounds like you will, but be kind. She was drunk, so hopefully the phone call will go much better after time has passed and she has cooled off.

Heather Rose said...

Man, I'd have to say a nice bout of straight talk might do the trick. After a 3 month/dissolved relationship-I'm not too positive there could be much to go on, but hey.

Apollo said...

Ari - I guess that's the only way.

LG - I'm hoping she'll calm down, too.

Heather - Straight talk works with this girl like chocolate with hot sauce.