06 May 2009

Glove compartment

Oh wow it's been a whole week since I've posted. Need to nip that in the bud, folks. Sinec last Wednesday there has been a little bit of excitement here in Rocket Rain City. I got a Roomba! Also, I went and saw Death Cab for Cutie in Nashville. I guess that second one didn't really occur in Huntsville, but that's beside the point.

I'm not even sure if I mentioned it on here when I bought my Roomba off of Woot a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't a total impulse buy, although it was pretty close. It's the Roomba 530 model, which I got for significantly less than that listed price. It's pretty neat, although I wish it used a more efficient cleaning path. Sorry, that's just the engineer speaking. They make some accessory products to that end, which I will likely end up purchasing before too long, but until then I'll just let it vacuum it's inefficient little heart out. I just hope it never develops a taste for blood.

I went to Nashville last Sunday to see Death Cab for Cutie at the Ryman Auditorium. The opening bands were Ra Ra Riot and Matt Costa. Ra Ra Riot was meh but they had a lady cellist who was hot and she rocked the fuck out so more power to 'em. Matt Costa was better than I expected. Considering that all I knew about him before the concert was that he was on John Mayer's record label that didn't take much. I still don't like it when there are 5 people on stage playing music and the only one who gets title credit is the singer. Sure, the other guys in the band were probably just studio musicians hired to play Matt Costa's arrangements, but it's not like Matt Costa could've put on that same show by himself as the billing would have you believe. Death Cab was great. Ben Gibbard is hella skinny now, which is a little weird. He was also very violent with his equipment which lead me to believe he was upset about something. If he was, though, it didn't show in the performance because they sounded awesome. Pictures!

Ra Ra Riot (note hot cellist)


Matt Costa (+4 not-Matt-Costas)


Death Cab for Cutie (notice skinny Benny)






Oh, and the Rocket City Brewfest is this weekend! I'll be volunteering Friday night and attending Saturday. Y'all should all come out and support the breweries and the Free the Hops effort. With any luck by the time the weekend hits we'll have already passed the Free the Hops bill (fingers crossed). There will be a bunch of good music, good food, and good beer! You can't beat that with a stick.

4 comments:

LadyGlutter said...

We're currently without a pet, which makes me sad, but that's my first thought when I think of new vacuums. Do you have any animals? If no, nevermind then. If yes, do they freak out at the Roomba? Does it gobble up fur?

I just got a new vaccuum too. It's a Dyson, so I actually have to do the work myself.

Good pics of the concert. :) I'm glad you enjoyed. My local friends really enjoyed the the Cinco de Mayo show.

Heather Rose said...

Blogging. Augh. It seems as though LIFE has decided to get a bit hectic for me. Not normal, ditzy girl hectic, but lots of complete uncertainty hectic. So, don't feel bad. You're NOT alone.

Now, as for music? Rock!

Gibbard is shrinking! What the what?!

Apollo said...

LG- I don't have any pets. My friend has a cat that apparently doesn't like his Roomba, though. I'm glad you liked the concert pics!

Heather - What's the deal with blogging these days? Seems like everyone I know is in a slump! Yeah, Skinny Benny is kinda disconcerting. He went from charming chubby to scary skinny.

Anonymous said...

Nice article you got here. I'd like to read a bit more about that theme. Thank you for sharing this information.
Joan Stepsen
Buy gadget