08 January 2009

Confessions

Okay I know I'll probably be denied admittance to any film-snob parties for this but I've got to get it off my chest. Whew, this is hard for me. Here goes. I really liked the new Indiana Jones movie. There, I said it. Man I feel better already. Now that I've got that off my chest I can't even remember what most people's complaints were about it. I think some folks were having issues suspension of disbelief or something. In an Indiana Jones film.

In other news I also enjoyed Don Cheadle's new movie, Traitor. It wasn't fantastic and I don't think I'll be purchasing the film but it was relevant and entertaining which is more than you'll find in a lot of movies these days.

Oh, and everyone should check out this band: The Low Anthem. Here's one of the tracks off their newest CD, Oh My God, Charlie Darwin. It's called "Charlie Darwin".

[It starts with some cheesy advert for a website, but it only takes about 10 seconds]


If you're not a fan of that sound I can tell you that their music has a lot of variety in it and they're still worth checking out.

No comments: