20 July 2008

Congratulations may or may not be in order

So I passed my master's presentation. Lots of people have been congratulating me for it but for some reason it doesn't seem necessary to me. I kind of just feel like I was going through the motions and that was just one more thing I had to get out of the way before I can graduate in August. Aside from passing that, though, I also met with my major professor and discussed the classwork and project that I'm supposed to be doing. He is under the impression that this whole rocket science thing is a cinch and it's not crazy to give me more work to do in the next TWO AND A HALF WEEKS than I already have. And what's even crazier is he knows that I've gotten pretty much nothing done so far. And he thinks that it's perfectly within reason for me to complete an entire course's worth of work plus this Complex Project AND come back to Auburn before the end of the month to take a final... in the next two weeks. Now obviously I feel that I brought some of this on myself but the coursework thing is just plain crazy and out of left field. I'm going to try to work something out with him about it.

On a completely different note my father is going out of town for a few days so I'll have the house to myself for the better part of this week. Obviously staying with my dad has its advantages (no rent) but being in Auburn I got used to living by myself. So it's nice that I'll be flying solo again, even if it's just for a few days. Plus I get to throw a wicked pool party. You're totally invited.

No comments: