12 July 2008

Well that's settled

So, regarding my previous impossibly long post, a new development: I've been offered a job in Huntsville. I suppose I should be really excited or really scared or really, well, anything but I'm feeling kind of indifferent about it. No, that's not totally true. I am happy about it. I have been feeling for a while now that I really need a change and this, I believe, is definitely a step in the right direction. I've actually had this offer on the table now for about a month but it was contingent on certain things falling in to place for the company I applied with. Those things haven't necessarily fallen into place like they were supposed to (at least not yet) but accommodations are being made for my benefit. Is that vague enough for you? Huh?

Regarding my problem with motivation and schoolwork, I have yet to find a solution. Down to the wire does not begin to describe how close I am cutting this. There is no wire anymore. I'm cutting it down to the wire's great grand-wire who flew kites with Ben Franklin. I really want to sit here and write at length about this issue but I can't bring myself to do it because I feel like that will simply be compounding the problem. Sitting here blogging about how I can't get any work done when I should be doing work is just plain silly, isn't it? Or maybe it is more productive than reading CoKane's blog and wishing I were just a wee bit more clever. At least with the former I'm addressing the problem in some way. But you don't swab the decks of a sinking ship, so they say. Now where'd I put my mop?

No comments: