04 July 2008

First go

I'm not sure if I should use this post to attempt to describe myself or just get right into the meat of why I created this blog. Ooh, better idea- I'll describe why I created this blog (I really don't feel like describing myself and don't really see a point). I've been thinking for a while about creating a blog. I like blogs, but it remains to be seen if I'll enjoy blogging. I used to have an online journal, but that now sits 6 feet under the e-soil. Hopefully this attempt won't follow suit. Like I said, I've been entertaining this idea for a while but only very recently have I decided that I had something that needed to be said. That does not necessarily mean that it needs to be heard, but it needs to be said. I have a lot of things that I feel need to be sorted out and I hope that I can accomplish this by writing it all down somewhere. Maybe it'll be easier to muddle through once it's all out in the open.

That's not to say that all I'll be doing on this blog is Bitching and Complaining about how screwed up I am. That wouldn't be fun for me to read much less anyone else. It's just that while I've entertained the idea of starting a blog for a while, I never thought it would be worth my time until I decided that it could potentially help me through some things. I like the idea of people reading this blog and commenting, but for right now I'm not really expecting an audience. I intend to use this blog for a long time and offer my Witty and Inspiring View Points on Life in General. I intend to post humurous anecdotes and funny things I find on the web. I intend to combine a lot of the elements from the blogs that I read into one place and put my spin on it. I intend not to end sentences in prepositions but damnit it's hard sometimes.

So it's the 4th of July and I'm sitting in my house in Birmingham, Alabama. I don't have a job, I don't have much money, and I sure as fuck wish I was in a better place right now. Maybe I can use this blog to help me figure out why I'm not.

I just now realized that I had no idea what a preposition was. Man I feel dumb. Thanks College!

No comments: